Abstracts & postersAbstract Submission Is Now Closed
You are invited to submit abstracts for the the Gulf Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists to be held in Abu Dhabi from the 23-25th of October, 2014.
Abstracts submissions are accepted until the 31st of August, 2014. Any abstract received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Depending on the number of submitted abstracts and their quality, the abstracts will be selected for either platform or for poster presentation. All accepted abstracts will be distributed in the meeting abstract book.
- All submitted abstracts must be in English
- All submitted abstracts need to have the names and surnames of all co-authors, along with their positions in their affiliated institutions
- All submitted abstracts must not exceed 250 words with no use of abbreviations
- The body of the abstract should be arranged according to the following headings:
- Background/objectives: a brief introduction, which states the problem that you are addressing as well as some background information on the issue
- Design and methods: the methodologies, number of test subjects and scientific approach used to conduct the research
- Results: tables and graphs should include explanatory captions
- Conclusions: further areas of research and overall conclusion of the research
- Citation: a reference list and acknowledgments, if applicable
Upon completion of the evaluation of submitted abstracts, an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ email will be sent to authors. Upon acceptance of an author’s poster presentation, the following instructions below are applicable:
- One of the authors of the poster presentation should confirm their attendance upon receiving the acceptance email.
- The availability of any sort of grant for registration, travel and/or accommodation will be mentioned in the acceptance email, without any guarantees at the abstract submission stag
- Poster authors should use the poster code in the acceptance email to find their space at the poster area during the meeting.
- Authors need to place the title, author(s), institution if applicable and country at the header of the poster presentation
- The poster display board dimensions will be 200 CM wide x 100 CM length. All posters need to be constraint to that size and not more.
- The poster thickness of paper advised is 150 gsm
- The boards are made out of cork and posters will be pinned or applied using double-sided taped
- Presenting authors should mount their poster in the allocated poster display area before the meeting lectures initiate, during registration time in the early morning
- Posters should be left on display during the meeting until end of the meeting
- Authors should be available near their posters particularly during allotted timings that will be stated in the acceptance email
Abstracts can be submitted online via the online abstract submission system.